Air-flown Fresh Yellow Flesh Peaches (COMING SOON)
Season: June To September
4 pieces To 16 pieces
The yellow flesh peach is the most superior variety of peaches. Our farm fresh peaches are allowed to ripen on branch to achieve its full aromas. Therefore its normal to expect natural bruises on the most tasty peaches. They are enjoyed a little soft on touch, very juicy and aromatic.
Peaches are low in calories (100 g just provide 39 calories) and contain no saturated fats. They are packed with numerous health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins.
- The total measured anti-oxidant strength (ORAC value) of 100 g peach fruit is 1814 TE (Trolex equivalents).
- They are a moderate source of antioxidant, vitamin C. Vitamin-C has anti-oxidant effects and is required for connective tissue synthesis in the body. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents, and help scavenges harmful free radicals.
- A moderate source of vitamin A and ß-carotene. ß-carotene is a pro-vitamin, which converts into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for vision. It is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Consumption of natural fruits rich in vitamin A is known to offer protection from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- They are rich in many vital minerals such as potassium, fluoride and iron. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and is essential for prevention of dental caries. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Peaches contain health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and ß-cryptoxanthin. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes.